Dr. Torsten Volkholz advises German and global sponsors, borrowers, and lenders on domestic and cross-border finance, real estate, and restructuring matters.
He maintains long-standing relationships with clients on all sides of real estate transactions, advising on:
- Real estate finance
- Acquisition finance
- Restructuring finance
- Asset-based and general corporate lending
Mr. Volkholz also advises creditors and investors of distressed companies on corporate and real estate portfolio restructurings.
Drawing on his legal training in England, the US, and Germany, and his previous work in a commercial bank and as an assistant lecturer at the University of Kiel and at Bucerius Law School, he provides clients with a comprehensive perspective on their matters.
Mr. Volkholz also advises clients on a range of matters related to the law pertaining to German foundations.
Mr. Volkholz’s experience includes advising/representing:
- Advent International on the public tender offer for Douglas Holding
- Angelo, Gordon in the financing of several residential portfolios
- Apollo Real Estate Fund in the financing and restructuring of German real estate portfolios
- Banco Santander in refinancing a German tourist and hotel chain
- Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH in its balance sheet restructuring
- Conergy AG in connection with working capital facilities
- Deutsche Bank AG in restructurings and refinancings of German listed companies
- GE Capital in several finance and refinancing transactions
- Goldman Sachs in various acquisitions
- Henderson Global Investors in numerous financings of German real estate portfolios
- H.I.G. European Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of a majority shareholding and debt
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund/Redos Real Estate in its acquisition of various real estate portfolios
- Pfandbriefbank in the financing of a real estate portfolio
- Royal Bank of Scotland in various restructurings
- UniCredit in the multiple restructuring of a real estate financing
- Wilmington Trust in the PrimaCom restructurings and as agent and security agent in the restructuring and insolvency proceedings of Praktiker/Max Bahr group