Dr. Tobias Larisch, Deputy Office Managing Partner of Latham & Watkins in Germany, advises leading global companies and investors in the energy and infrastructure sectors on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions.
Mr. Larisch helps clients navigate complex cross-border matters, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Public takeovers
- Joint ventures
- Corporate governance/compliance
He is regularly recognized in leading legal publications including JUVE and Chambers Europe for his “perfect combination of legal and commercial thinking” and his economic and technical understanding of the issues specific to the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Mr. Larisch regularly writes and speaks on M&A and corporate topics and co-edits a German-language corporate compliance journal (CCZ Corporate Compliance Zeitschrift). He is a member of the German Association for Corporate and Company Law (VGR).
Mr. Larisch’s representative experience includes advising:
- E.ON on several transactions, including its:
- Sale of 13 hydro power plants on the Inn River in Germany to Verbund*
- Joint venture with Statoil concerning the Arkona wind farm located in the German Baltic Sea*
- Sale of its waste-to-energy business to EQT*
- RWE on its comprehensive asset swap with E.ON involving (i) the sale of a majority stake in innogy to E.ON, (ii) the acquisition of the renewable energy activities of E.ON and Innogy as well as, (iii) the aquisition of a minority stake in E.ON and certain other assets
- BASF on the merger of Wintershall and DEA*
- Gascade on the sale of shares in the European Gas Link (Eugal) to Gasunie, Ontras, and Fluxys*
- Vattenfall on the sale of its German lignite business to Czech energy company Energetický a Průmyslový Holding*
Strategic M&A Transactions
- OMERS regarding its co-investment into VTG AG
- Hellman & Friedman LLC and Blackstone Group L.P. on the public tender offer for Scout24
- Beiersdorf on the logistics outsourcing to Kühne + Nagel and AMB Property*
- CECONOMY in connection with freenet AG becoming an anchor investor of the company
- Daimler AG on the public takeover of Tognum*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham