Dr. Thomas Fox advises multinational and German corporations and private equity funds on the tax aspects of corporate transactions and restructurings as well as on tax audits and tax controversy matters.
Mr. Fox helps clients develop reliable and practical solutions to complicated tax issues that arise in the course of corporate transactions and reorganizations. He draws on more than 25 years of experience with transactional work and advising clients on compliance matters and tax audits.
Mr. Fox regularly speaks and writes on German, European, and international tax law topics as well as reorganizations. He is a primary author of one of the leading reorganization handbooks “Formularbuch Umwandlungen”. An Italian native, he is a member of the International Fiscal Association and the German-Italian Lawyers’ Association.
Leading legal industry publications, including JUVE, Handelsblatt, and Chambers rank Mr. Fox among the best lawyers for corporate tax, and transactions tax.
Mr. Fox’s experience includes advising:
- Equinox and Steilmann Holding AG on the public tender offer for Adler Modemärkte AG
- Siemens AG on the
- Carve-out and subsequent merger of its mobility business with Alstom
- Carve-out of their global health business into Siemens Healthineers and its IPO
- Autogrill Deutschland GmbH on the acquisition of Le Crobag KG
- Cerner Corporation on the
- Acquisition of assets of Siemens’ health information technology business unit
- Sale of parts of its IT health care portfolio in Germany and Spain
- DuMont on the
- Acquisition of DTAD Deutscher Auftragsdienst AG
- Sale of Hamburgr Morgenpost
- Sale of the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung media group
- Sale of Berliner Zeitung
- Ferrari Financial Services S.p.A. on the sale of a majority stake in Ferrari Financial Services GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of FFS S.p.A., to FCA Bank S.p.A. (FCAB)
- Hyundai and KIA on the investment into IONITY, a joint venture established by BMW, Daimler, VW with Porsche and Ford to establish and operate a pan-European High-Power-Charging network for electric vehicles, recognized as a JUVE deal of the month
- Omnicom Group on the sale of Sellbytel Group
- Scout24 on the sale of its AutoScout24 platform to financial investor Hellman & Friedman
- Tengelmann on the divestiture of its supermarket business Kaiser’s Tengelmann and its e-stores business to EDEKA