Dr. Sebastian Pauls advises private equity clients on the full lifecycle of domestic and cross-border transactions.
Mr. Pauls advises German and international financial and strategic investors on private equity and M&A transactions across a wide range of industry sectors. He provides strategic and legal advice on buy-side and sell-side transactions, including:
- Acquisitions and sales of mid-cap and large-cap companies
- Management participation programs
- Minority investments / co-investments
- Exit plans, and timetables
Given his extensive and complementary German and cross-border experience, he has a keen sense of trends in the private equity space.
Mr. Pauls’ experience includes advising:
- Cathay Capital Private Equity on the acquisition of a majority stake in the automotive supplier E.WINKEMANN
- Trilantic Capital Partners on the acquisition of a minority stake in the Sensor Wire Harness business of PRETTL Group, a German family-owned company
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the purchase of a majority stake in amedes Holding AG from General Atlantic
- DPE Deutsche Private Equity on the acquisition and subsequent sale of PharmaZell group
- Brookfield on the acquisition of a majority stake in Schoeller Allibert Group B.V.
- Partners Group on the acquisition of Schleich
Technology Media Telecom
- Ardian on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the Competence Call Center Group (CCC)
- Hg on the acquisition* and subsequent sale of the Lautsprecher Teufel GmbH to Naxicap Partners
- The Carlyle Group on the acquisition and subsequent sale of exocad Global Holdings
- CVC on the acquisition of the Tipico Group