Otto von Gruben advises German and international clients on domestic and cross-border corporate and real estate transactions.
Mr. von Gruben represents both public and private companies, including strategic investors, private equity and sovereign wealth funds, in connection with:
- Corporate real estate transactions, including forward deals
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Joint ventures
- Distressed transactions
He advises clients from a variety of industries, including real estate, automotive, and healthcare. Mr. von Gruben brings a results-driven sensibility to complete both German and cross-border deals efficiently.
Mr. von Gruben’s experience includes advising:
- On the sale of its ceramics business
- On the sale of Rheinhütte Pumps to ITT Inc.
- Rhön-Klinikum on its €3.07 billion sale of major assets (including 40 hospitals) to Dax-listed Fresenius SE
- SERgroup on the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group
- ZF Friedrichshafen on the sale of its global Body Control Systems business to Luxshare
- Angelo, Gordon on various acquisitions (residential, industrial, retail)
- Azure Hotels regarding acquisitions and disposals of several hotels of the Azure Group (Radisson Blu Hotel in Hamburg-Dammtor; Indigo Hotels Hardenbergstraße, and Alexanderplatz in Berlin)
- Corpus Sireo on the sale of a residential real estate portfolio to DWS Real Estate (formerly Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management, RREEF)
- Digital Realty on its US$8.4 billion acquisition of Interxion
- DWS Real Estate on several real estate transactions
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund on the acquisition and financing of several large real estate portfolios and shopping centers, including the Christie portfolio and the Rhein Ruhr shopping center
- Proprium Capital Partners on joint venture, property, and asset management agreements, as well as acquisition financing of two large residential portfolios in Germany