Dr. Nikolaos Paschos is a partner in Latham & Watkins' Düsseldorf office and the Local Chair of the firm's German Corporate Department. He advises clients on corporate law, M&A, and related capital markets matters.
Strategic and financial clients turn to him for his expertise in complex domestic and cross-border transactions, including:
- Public takeovers and defense
- Public company mergers and spin-offs
- Strategic acquisitions and divestitures
- Going-private transactions
He also advises public companies and their boards on general meetings, shareholders’ litigation, activist and stockholder matters, and corporate governance.
Mr. Paschos, one of the leading corporate and M&A lawyers in Germany, is regularly ranked in leading legal publications, including JUVE, IFLR1000, and Handelsblatt.
He regularly writes and publishes on corporate and takeover law, notably the 2016 Paschos/Fleischer, Handbook on Public Takeover Law (Handbuch des Übernahmerechts).
Mr. Paschos’ experience includes advising:
- Allgeier on the spin-off of its global technology and software development business
- Brookfield Asset Management on the attempted acquisition of thyssenkrupp Elevators from thyssenkrupp
- CPPIB on a €500+ million co-investment in the public takeover offer and the delisting offer for Axel Springer by KKR
- CANCOM on the squeeze out of minority shareholders of Pironet AG
- Hellman & Friedman and Blackstone Group on the public tender offer for Scout24
- Playtika on the acquisition of Berlin based mobile games developer Wooga GmbH
- Siemens AG on the IPO of its healthcare business (Siemens Healthineers)
- The financing banks on public takeover bids for:
- OSRAM by Bain Capital/The Carlyle Group
- VTG by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure
- STADA by Bain Capital/Cinven