Nick Benson advises sponsors and investors on the formation and operation of private investment funds, as well as secondary and other related transactions.
Drawing on more than two decades of funds experience, Mr. Benson advises clients on all aspects of the formation and operation of investment funds. He delivers thoughtful and commercially focused counsel to a variety of market participants, including leading financial institutions, investment firms, and sovereign wealth funds. His work also encompasses a full array of investment areas, including the buyout, venture, technology, infrastructure, and credit spaces.
Mr. Benson’s practice includes:
- Fund formation
- Establishment of bespoke investment mandates and investment managers/advisors
- Secondary transactions, including GP-led transactions, pre-invested funds, fund restructurings, and LP portfolio sales
- Ownership transitions and strategic partnerships
- Fund governance and related matters
Mr. Benson regularly receives recognition as a leading lawyer in national and global legal publications, including Chambers UK, The Legal 500 UK, IFLR, and Who’s Who Legal.
Mr. Benson also maintains an active pro bono practice, including by advising charities on corporate and partnership matters. He also volunteers at legal aid centers, offering advice to individuals.
Mr. Benson currently serves as the firm’s UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (AML).
Representative clients include:
- AlbaCore Capital
- Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A.’s private equity division
- Avendus Capital
- Capvis AG
- Carlyle Strategic Partners
- Citic Capital
- Flashpoint Venture Capital
- Harwood Private Equity
- KSA Public Investment Fund
- Nalanda Capital
- Quadriga Capital
- Tata Capital