Mikhail Turetsky is the Office Managing Partner of the Moscow office of Latham & Watkins. His practice focuses on finance and capital markets, and he has extensive experience advising banks and corporate clients on all aspects of transactions in Russia and the CIS.
Mr. Turetsky is qualified to practice Russian law and also holds a UK LLM degree. His primary areas of expertise include debt and equity capital markets as well as a broad range of finance transactions, including project finance, structured finance and financial restructuring.
Mr. Turetsky's representative experience includes advising:
- VTB Austria and VTB Deutschland in respect of a US$200 million loan to SUEK
- Sberbank in respect of an over US$500 million secured loan facility backed by shares in a Russian company listed on the London Stock Exchange
- VTB Austria and VTB Deutschland in connection with a financing provided to KazTransGas
- Sberbank in respect of a US$2 billion facility secured by shares of a holding company of a major Russian industrial group
- The project company and the sponsors in connection with the Yamal LNG project
- Gazprombank and Gazprombank (Switzerland) Ltd as lenders in respect of financing to О1 Properties for the purposes of an acquisition of a major business centre “Legend of Tsvetnoy” in Moscow
- Alfa-Bank in respect of a RUB8 billion loan facility for RESO-Leasing, a provider of services and equipment in the form of finance leases to companies in Russia
- The lenders (Gazprombank, EBRD, Nordea, Raiffeisen, Sberbank and UniCredit) in respect of a RUB12 billion syndicated loan facility to Inter RAO UES, a MICEX-listed energy holding company with assets in Russia, Europe and the CIS
- Creditors' Committee of RosBusinessConsulting in connection with restructuring of US$240 million of debt obligations
- Creditors’ Committee in restructuring of US$480 million public debt of Potok8
- Promsvyazbank in connection with establishment of up to US$20 billion note issuance program