Dr. Heiko Gotsche, partner in the Düsseldorf office of Latham & Watkins, has considerable experience representing clients in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions as well as on corporate law matters.
Dr. Gotsche has particular experience handling public and private M&A transactions, corporate law matters, and reorganizations.
His clients include German and international clients, including listed as well as family-owned companies, private equity investors, financial institutions, and high-net-worth individuals.
Leading legal publications, including JUVE and The Legal 500, rank him as frequently recommended lawyer for M&A.
Dr. Heiko Gotsche is a member of several associations, including the German Association for Corporate and Company Law (VGR).
Dr. Gotsche’s representative experience includes advising:
- Authentic Brands Group on the acquisition of the footwear brand Reebok from Adidas following an international carve-out
- Bayer on the sale of its majority stake in Chempark operator Currenta to Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA)*
- METRO on the sale of its majority stake in METRO China to Wumei* and on the implementation of an IT partnership with Wipro*
- Stiller Family and VR Equitypartner on the sale of e-commerce sanitary specialist MEGABAD to FSN Capital
- Shareholders on the sale of Just Spices to Kraft Heinz
- Accenture on various transactions, including the acquisitions of Mackevision*, designaffairs*, Zielpuls*, and SALT Solutions*
- Paragon Partners on various transactions, including the acquisition of Castolin Eutectic from Messer Group*, the sale of NovumIP to Questel*, and the acquisition of the Special Copper Business from KME Group
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on various transactions, including the acquisitions of Kraft & Bauer*, congatec*, and freiheit.com
- Permira/GFKL Lowell on the acquisition of Tesch Group*
- Grünenthal on the acquisition of Adhesys Medical Group*
- ZF Friedrichshafen on the sale of its computer input devices business unit Cherry*
- Tengelmann on the reorganization of its business in Eastern Europe*
- Owners of Fragrance Resources on the sale to IFF*
- Porsche Automobil Holding SE on the integration of the Porsche business into Volkswagen*
- Various public takeovers including Dürr (HOMAG)*, Sky (Sky Deutschland)*, Rolls Royce (Tognum)*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham