Christoph Engeler advises a full spectrum of healthcare and life sciences clients on corporate, transactional, and regulatory matters.
Mr. Engeler advises clients at all stages of the business or product lifecycle. He regularly advises on:
- M&A transactions and restructurings
- Privatizations and joint ventures
- Regulatory matters across the full product lifecycle
Committed to the healthcare and life sciences industry, Mr. Engeler speaks the industry language of his clients, offering specialized and pragmatic solutions. He is regularly recognized in leading legal publications, including Chambers, JUVE, and LMG Life Sciences. Clients note “he is very quick at grasping industry-specific concepts covered in negotiations.” He regularly speaks at conferences, including Germany’s leading healthcare conference, Gesundheitswirtschaftskongress.
Mr. Engeler’s experience includes advising:
- University Heart Center Berlin on the formation of a joint heart center by the Berlin University Hospital Charité and the German Heart Center Berlin
- The Carlyle Group regarding the acquisition and subsequent sale of Alloheim, one of the largest nursing home operators
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of laboratory group amedes
- Malteser Order on first interdenominational hospitals merger in Germany
- Astellas Pharma on the acquisition of Ganymed Pharmaceuticals and sale of its dermatology business to LEO Pharma
- Juno Therapeutics on its cross-border acquisition of Stage Cell Therapeutics GmbH, a privately held biotechnology company
- Treos Bio on regulatory matters in connection with individual healing attempts of personalized medicine in several jurisdictions
- Boston Scientific on the acquisition of StarMedTec, a manufacturer of medical laser Systems
- Siemens in connection with the legal separation of its global healthcare division (diagnostic medical devices) — one of the largest in this industry — involving more than 200 countries as well as the subsequent IPO of Siemens Healthineers