Dr. Jan-Philipp Praß is an associate in Latham & Watkins’ Hamburg office and a member of the Restructuring & Special Situations Practice. Mr. Praß represents clients in complex domestic and cross-border restructurings inside and outside of insolvency proceedings and distressed M&A.
Mr. Praß advises creditors, investors, companies, management, shareholders, and insolvency administrators in connection with:
- Financial restructurings (in-court and out-of-court), including debt-equity swaps, share pledge enforcements, and insolvency plan proceedings
- Operational corporate restructurings
- Acquisition of distressed companies, restructuring, rescue financing, or refinancing transactions
Mr. Praß is a member of the firm’s Ethics Committee.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Praß worked as a research associate at the University of Hamburg. He has authored numerous publications on restructuring, insolvency, corporate, and legal profession law.
Mr. Praß’ experience includes advising:
- Chiho Tiande on the acquisition of Scholz Group by way of a debt-to-equity swap
- H.I.G. Capital on the sale of the Losberger Group to Gilde Buy Out Partners
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistic on its refinancing and restructuring
- Onex Corporation in the acquisition and IPO of SIG Combibloc Group
- Riverside on the sale of the Keymile Group to Dasan Zhone Solultions Inc.
- Rockaway Capital SE on the acquisition of Unister out of insolvency