Frank Grell helps clients navigate distressed situations related to restructuring or insolvency. He chairs the German Restructuring & Special Situations Practice and served as Local Department Chair of the German Finance Department. Mr. Grell has earned a strong reputation from clients and leading publications for his empathetic approach and ability to craft pragmatic and commercial solutions in high-pressure or crisis situations.
Mr. Grell advises:
- Companies, management, and shareholders in a financial or operational crisis
- Creditors in all phases of financial restructurings, including debt-equity swaps, share pledge enforcements, and insolvency plan proceedings
- Investors on the acquisition of distressed companies and on restructuring, rescue financing, or refinancing transactions, including debt-equity swaps
- Insolvency administrators on M&A, restructurings, or disputes
- Complementing his transactional work, he also represents parties in claw-back and liability cases
Mr. Grell is a board member of TMA Germany e.V. and of Norddeutsches Insolvenzforum e.V. (Insolvency Forum of Northern Germany).
He regularly speaks and writes about insolvency and restructuring matters.
Accolades and Rankings
Mr. Grell has earned widespread recognition for his work, including:
- JUVE 2021/2022 for Restructuring and Insolvency as well as Corporate Law
- IFLR1000 2022 for Restructuring in Germany
- Chambers Europe Germany 2021 - Band 1 for Restructuring/Insolvency
- The Legal 500 Germany 2021 as "leading name for Restructuring"
- The Legal 500 Hall of Fame
- Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2020 for Restructuring and Insolvency
- Chambers Europe Germany 2019 as a “leading figure of his generation” for Restructuring/Insolvency
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2019 for Restructuring